Menagerie is defined seemingly as a varied mixture. It’s a jumble of junk, an alphabet soup, a gumbo, a clutter, a collage, mishmash, montage, patchwork quilt or hodgepodge of seemingly random yet related pieces.
For Paintworks Menagerie, we’ll patch together a hodgepodge of random, painterly page masks. We’ll discuss not only the how of mixing paint pieces together but also why it works and when it will not work. You’ll also discover how to paint and blend a high-key photo into your final work.
We’ll explore the following techniques:
- How to develop a paint-infused layout using a quilt design
- Craft a one-of-a-kind geometric and organic shape mask
- Learn the method for mixing different paints together and when and why it sometimes does not work
- Create a mega-page mask for visual flow and tension
- Blend a high-key image into the painted patchwork
- Finishing touches for a busy layouts
- Runtime: 44 minutes
- Recorded using: Adobe Photoshop® CC2019
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2017 and versions above