Save 25% (buy 3 get 1 free) with the Beginner Basics Bundle 1: Lessons 1 - 4. Build your very first digital scrapbook layouts using Adobe Photoshop® or Adobe Elements®.
In Lesson 1: Get Started, you'll become familiar with the Photoshop®/Elements® workspace, its basic tools and build your first layout. Our simple first page will introduce us to templates, layering, adding photos, a title, journaling and decorating our page with papers and embellishments.
In Lesson 2: Get Stronger, the simple second page will help you dive deeper into the Photoshop®/Elements® interface, customize a basic template, develop embellishment clusters, work with the Character panel and create your own simple shadows.
In Lesson 3: Photo Editing, I’ll show you how to use the Adobe® Lightroom® software to transform poor photos into photos perfect for the cover of a scrapbook magazine.
And while Lightroom is THE superior photo-editing software, Photoshop® & Elements® are still best for creative photo editing. We’ll jump back into our editors and perform more basic functions that will help our photos stand-out.
And in Lesson 4: 2 Pagers, you'll be introduced to nuanced page development including how to work with a 2-page layout, building and working with swatches, recoloring elements using adjustment layers, customizing the justification and line height of text and more.
We'll accomplish the following objectives:
- Tour the PS CC interface and customize the workspace (Photoshop version)
- Tour the PSE interface and customize the workspace (Elements version)
- Download and unzip digital files
- Recognize different file types for digital scrapbooking
- Open, duplicate and save a layered template
- Review the individual components of layered templates
- Add photos and papers to a layout using clipping masks
- Convert a color photo to black and white
- Decorate a layout with fonts and embellishments
- Save the layout and ready for web sharing
- Rotate and straighten a skewed photo
- Create basic and dramatic Drop Shadow styles
- Develop a layered background by repurposing kit elements
- Develop two different, simple embellishment clusters
- Load a font
- Create a layered title
- Align two layers together
- A brief introduction to the Lightroom interface and most used panels.
- How to quickly move your image through processing.
- How to fix common photo solutions.
- Lightroom presets and where to find more.
- How to crop your photo and remove unnecessary background.
- Understand the difference between self-blend layers and dummy-blend layers and when to use each.
- How to pop the color and definition within the eyes using the Dodge tool.
- How to remove bags from underneath the eyes using the Spot Healing brush.
- How to boost the lighting and contrast of a flat photo.
- How to convert a color photo into a strong black and white photo using a Gradient Map.
- How to apply a color tint to a photo using a Photo Filter.
- Review and repeat basic tasks learned from previous lessons
- Work with a 2-page set up by creating unity between two different pages and balancing contrast
- Add additional shapes to a template using the Rectangular Shape tool
- Decorate the background using a PNG
- Build a swatch group from a kit
- Use swatches colors to colorize additional elements on the page
- “Borrow” elements from other kits
- Recolor pieces using the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer
- Make text “fit” a lined journal card
- Use the Paragraph panel to justify journaling
- Felicity, Connelly, and Midori digital papers and elements an exclusive scrapbooking kits by Mye de Leon
- 56 page PDF handbook with detailed, step-by-step instructions (Photoshop version)
- 55 page PDF handbook with detailed, step-by-step instructions (Elements version)
- Lesson video downloads and streaming links to watch videos online or offline
- Photoshop version runtime: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Elements version runtime: 5 hours 36 minutes
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS2016 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2017 and versions above