Most digital scrapbookers aren’t professional photographers, which means our photos straight-out-of-camera (SOOC) need some help. Typically, the photos are too dark, too yellow, skewed, or noisy/grainy/out-of-focus. And sometimes the photo is so bad that we delete it altogether!
Adobe® Lightroom® to the rescue! In this lesson, I’ll show you how to use this phenomenal software to transform poor photos into photos perfect for the cover of a scrapbook magazine.
And while Lightroom is THE superior photo-editing software, Photoshop® & Elements® are still best for creative photo editing. We’ll jump back into our editors and perform more basic functions that will help our photos stand-out.
We'll accomplish the following objectives using Lightroom®:
- A brief introduction to the Lightroom interface and most used panels.
- How to quickly move your image through processing.
- How to fix common photo solutions.
- Lightroom presets and where to find more.
We'll accomplish the following objectives using the Photoshop® and Elements® editors:
- How to crop your photo and remove unnecessary background.
- Understand the difference between self-blend layers and dummy-blend layers and when to use each.
- How to pop the color and definition within the eyes using the Dodge tool.
- How to remove bags from underneath the eyes using the Spot Healing brush.
- How to boost the lighting and contrast of a flat photo.
- How to convert a color photo into a strong black and white photo using a Gradient Map.
- How to apply a color tint to a photo using a Photo Filter.
- 7 page PDF handbook with detailed, step-by-step instructions (Lightroom)
- 7 page PDF handbook with detailed, step-by-step instructions (for Elements and Photoshop)
- Lesson video downloads and streaming links to watch videos online or offline
- Lesson Runtime: 121 minutes
- Recommended Lightroom® software: Adobe Lightroom® CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2017 and versions above