Why are we so excited about digital scissor cut-outs? Thankfully, as digital scrapbookers, we don’t have to heehaw over die cut machines, old or new, to create amazing unique cut outs for our digital scrapbook pages!
For this strategy, we’ll shift our attention to the lovely shapes and base embellishments we can create using digital scissors, a combination of Selection Tools, shapes and shadowing styles that look ‘cut out’.
This class includes TWO projects and both highlight cut-out shapes! The first relies heavily on cut-outs from shapes and patterns. While the second focuses squarely on silhouettes.
We'll explore the following techniques:
- Cut outs via selection tools
- Cut outs via inner shadows
- Patterned-paper based cut outs
- Photo extractions using the Quick Selection Tool
- Edge refined silhouettes
- Double-duty shadowing
- Runtime: 67 minutes
- Recorded using: Adobe Photoshop® CC and Adobe Elements® 2015
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2015 and versions above
- Recommended Kit: Good One by Karla Dudley
- Templates Included: .PSD files @ 12 x 12 inches
- Quick Pages Included: .PNG files @ 12 x 12 inches
- Click here to purchase the coordinating Shadowing Fundamentals