It’s smash book time! Create and Craft defines a smash book as a journal which you can write, draw, paint and glue in embellishments and memorabilia as you’re on the move. There’s no planning involved; you simply decorate as you feel in the moment.
Using a photographed book spine, we’ll develop on our own, lay-flat, open-book template complete with main, cover, and filler pages. We’ll then create the illusion that we’ve stuffed our custom-made smash book with thick digital scrapbooking products using our tried-and-true Clustertowne embellishing strategies.
We’ll explore the following techniques:
- How to create a book template to match the supplied spine
- For Photoshop users, customize the look of the pages using the Pen and Direct Selection tools
- Add embossing to imply a thicker page
- Add a pocket page
- Stuff and frame the book using grounding techniques
- How to decorate the main pages using Clustertowne strategies
- Runtime: 68 minutes
- Recorded using: Adobe Photoshop® CC and Adobe Elements® 2018
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2015 and versions above
- Required Kit: What Matters Most by Kristin Cronin-Barrow