The number one reason why I became a digital scrapbooker was to build artistic layouts that I could not possibly design, paint, or sketch using paper, glue and other tangible crafty goods. Going digi has allowed me to create effects with my photos that border painted, yet personal, art work.
In this strategy, we’ll advance our understanding of blending photos into artistic substrates to create a canvas worthy of your scrapbooks or your walls.
We’ll explore the following techniques:
- How to transform a photo into a high-key photo using Levels
- Utilize the Burn tool to create contrast
- Develop a blending shape using the Quick Selection
- Isolate midtones and shadows onto their own layers
- Utilize the Difference blend modes to create a sketch
- Blend all layers into the background using a unique combination of layering
- Introduce tension, flow and form with artistic products
- Total Runtime: 43 minutes
- Recorded using: Adobe Photoshop® CC2019 & Adobe Elements® 2018
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2017 and versions above