The holiday season is upon us and what better way to show someone you care then by sending a personalized and customized holiday card with a stylish cutie.
We’ll use our digital skills to build a clever layered card complete with snowy sky and snow-capped mountains. Then, we’ll use a combination of different Layer Styles/Effects to bling our gingerbread woman cutie, who is actually yodeling on top of the snow-capped mountains. We’ll finalize our card using a text-based holiday sentiment.
We'll explore the following techniques:
- How to use a downloadable coloring page to create a custom embellishment
- Build a layered background using the Polygonal Lasso tool
- Create a scenic backdrop using Felt and Sticker styles
- Bling the coloring page using Velvet, Felt & Sticker styles
- How to utilize the Glyphs panel (Photoshop® CS6 and above) to customize text
- How to layout an image for a 4-Up print
- Runtime: 34 minutes (for PS users) and 40minutes (for PSE users)
- Recorded using: Adobe Photoshop® CC
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2015 and versions above
- Required Kit: Be Very Merry Digital Kit and Bonus Layer Styles by Mommyish