The age of Youtube thumbnails is upon us! On trend today is the quick subject cut out with sticker-effect border surrounded by a colorful, eye-catching background.
In the Abridged Thumbnail strategy, we’ll design a layout inspired by quick extractions, quirky borders and a cacophony of layered text styles that grabs the eye.
We’ll explore the following techniques:
- How to create the 2-minute quick extraction with sticker style effect
- Build a painted, layered frame design around the page
- Craft quirky-looking photo pockets
- Layer brushwork for unity and color harmony
- Design a multi-layered, massive page title
- Build a custom page tab
- Recolor a white embellishment
- Create p-touch text labels with Contours (Photoshop Only)
- Total Runtime: 64 minutes
- Recorded using: Adobe Photoshop® CC2019 & Adobe Elements® 2018
- Recommended Photoshop® software: Adobe Photoshop® CS6 and versions above including CC (Creative Cloud)
- Recommended Elements® software: Adobe Elements® 2017 and versions above
- Recommended Kit: Page Turner by Micheline Lincoln Designs